Tell us about a favorite character from film, theater, or literature, with whom you’d like to have a heart-to-heart. What would you talk about?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us a CHARACTER.
Hello Morpheus how are things?
Have you been busy constructing wings,
Made from broken hearts and tears
Sewn together with hopes and fears
Hello Morpheus, do you have time?
To teach me how to shape a rhyme
Into a dreamscape, a languid knell
Born from sojourners’ heaven and hell
Hello Morpheus, do you mind?
Helping me fast forward and rewind
Pour some sand onto my wrists
Help me connect solomnoquists
Hello Morpheus here I stand
Lost and found in a mirror land
Help me find you out of reach
Hear my cries in this muted speech
- The Sandman: Overture #1 (annikisbookcase.com)
- Words have no meaning, this post means nothing (middlepane.com)
- The Sandman Cometh: Neil Gaiman’s Epic Masterpiece Returns (tor.com)
- J.H. Williams on Bringing Dream to Life in “Sandman: Overtures” (comicbookresources.com)
- Dreams Come True With The Sandman: Overture #1 On The Wednesday Run – October 30, 2013 (biffbampop.com)